California Workers' Compensation FAQ
What should I do if I get injured at work?
In the confusing aftermath of getting injured at work, it is common for most employees to be unsure of the steps they need to take. Although you should first check to see if your company has a procedure you need to follow in these situations, you should also consult with an attorney. In order to protect your legal rights and be able to pursue legal actions, you should immediately contact a Los Angeles Workers’ Comp Attorney who specializes in protecting workers’ rights.
Many companies provide a set of mandatory procedures for employees to follow in the event of an injury on the job. It is important to be aware of these procedures and other similar policies regarding workplace injuries. But, these procedures aside, there are a few basic steps that you should take to protect your rights.
6 Things You Should Do After a Workplace Injury
- Immediately report the injury to your supervisor and ensure that he or she properly document it.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries.
- If there any witnesses to the accident that caused your injury, get their information to later present to worker’s compensation attorney that is handling your claim. You should also take pictures of the accident site, even if it with your cell phone.
- Do not sign anything or give any recorded statement until you have consulted with a lawyer. You may be signing away your rights without even knowing it.
- Do not return to work until released by your physician. Returning without such medical release could damage your workers’ compensation claim. In the event that your doctor releases you to light duty, you do not have to return to work unless your employer agrees to abide by your doctor’s restrictions. You need to provide all written documentation from both your doctor and your employer to the Attorney who is handling your claim.
- Consult with an attorney at a reputable workers’ compensation law firm as soon as possible after your injury.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation Lawyer
At the Law Offices of Robert M. Harman & Associates, we care committed to protecting your rights and your future. We have the knowledge and experience to help you obtain the most compensation possible. We will work diligently and will keep you updated throughout the whole process.
Providing Workers' Compensation Services to the Greater Los Angeles Area since 2002
YOU CAN COUNT ON US TO BE AGGRESSIVE ADVOCATES FOR YOUR RIGHTS